Saturday, January 3, 2009

Daughter of the Mountains.

Dear readers,
                        I just finished a book called Daughter of the Mountains which is a part of my Winter homework. The book is written by Louise Rankin and has earned a New berry medal. I liked this book because it wasn't too hard or too easy for me. Currently my reading level is at "T" and Daughter of the Mountain's reading level is "V". So i guess my reading level is growing!

                    I think one more reason that I liked this book is that it takes place in the North East side of India and in the Tibetan mountains. I could also understand the language that was used. But one thing keeps on popping up in my mind. That thing is, "is this story real?" because a small girl called Momo comes all the way from the Tibetan mountains to Calcatta in search of her dog. Is that possible?

                  There are several thing which  I like about this book and many which I don't like too. One of the things I don't like is that the author keeps on repeating the same paragraph over and over again. Another thing that I don't like is that there are too many details in the book. The last thing I don't like is that all the bad things that happen to Momo has to happen in Sikkim only!!! 

My ratings : 3/5

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I don't know how to describe myself properly.

Followers